Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Saturday, July 26, 2008
.26 July 2008
Still a ton of work to do, but final inspections are Monday. Maybe hope to move in over the next couple of weeks?
1. House exterior taken from the southwest
2. Kitchen overview-- cabinets installed, but no doors or drawer fronts yet
3. Looking at the stairway from the kitchen (downstairs)
4. Downstairs bath with Julie's never-ending tile job
5. Upstairs bath cabinetry, sink, & floor tile
6. Upstairs bath tub & shower
7. Master bedroom with newly-installed carpet & Penn
8. Upstairs hallway running on south side of house
9. Upstairs hallway looking north with stair guard rail
10. Stair guard rail
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
June 10 2008
The house is seeing progress again, after a long layoff. Bamboo flooring is in, bathroom tiling is underway, siding is 95% complete (sans porches & decks), stairs & kitchen are in the works. We had a workday for Matt's birthday-- Jay, Joan, John, Kathy, & us; Kathy & Joan painted Penn's bedroom blue & our bedroom grey-green; John helped Matt with siding, & Julie & Jay worked on bathroom tile.
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
An array of photos from the last month
We're finally posting some new photos, and much has happened on the house. These photos show the radiant floor heating system, blown cellulose insulation, and a variety of interior and exterior shots. Inside, the plumbing and electrical are in, sheetrock is hung and painting has started, shower pans are in and ready to be tiled. Outside, the gable ends (east and west sides) are sided, with siding partially complete on the south side as well. All of this despite the biggest snows in years, and now the accompanying mud as the snow begins to melt!
Progress will slow again here as we go back to earning a living, but we're still planning to move in this summer.
A couple of pictures of Penn thrown in for good measure...